FEES & POLICIES
$150 - 50 minute session (standard)
$215 - 80 minute session (recommended for EMDR)
$300 - 110 minute session
I accept checks, cash, and all major credit cards. I also accept most HSA/FSA cards. All cards will be charge an additional processing fee of 3% + $.05.
For immigration evaluations, click here to see my price breakdown. Credit card fees do not apply.
WHY I DO NOT WORK WITH INSURANCE
I currently not in network with any insurance company. I am considered an Out-Of-Network provider. I do not work with insurance for a few reasons:
- For you to be covered, I have to diagnose you. This has never sit well with me. This means you aren't covered to simply be having a hard time, grieve a loved one, or get 'unstuck'. Additionally, the diagnosis you receive follows you on an official and permanent record. Some insurance companies may consider this a pre-existing condition if you ever have to look for your own coverage.
- Your records are much less private. Your insurance company can audit your records whenever they want. A claims specialist can receive details of your case that you may not want to be shared.
- The insurer decides how much therapy you need, and what kind. Many insurance companies stop covering after a few sessions, assuming you feel better and should be 'cured'. As I'm sure you know, that's just not how things work. Insurers will also require the therapist to engage in specific types of therapy that may not be a good fit for you.
That said, you are welcome to contact your insurance provider to learn their policies about Out-Of-Network providers. In many cases they will still reimburse you for a portion of services. I am happy to provide a super-bill or other supporting documents that your insurance may require.
AN AFFORDABLE OPTION TO BILL YOUR INSURANCE
There is yet another option - Better. Better (www.getbetter.co) is an online service that will do your out-of-network billing for you. Better will check if your insurance company will reimburse you. If they do, Better will collect your invoice or super-bill and submit your claim for you. If you are reimbursed, they will take 10% of the reimbursement. If you are not reimbursed, they don't charge anything!
Here are a few examples:
Let's say you use Better for a $100 session. Better bills your insurance company...
- ...and your insurer reimburses the full $100. Better will take $10 and you will get $90. You only paid $10 for the therapy session.
- ...and your insurer reimburses a percentage, let's say 80%, so you get reimbursed $80. Better will take $8 and you will get $72. You only paid $28 for the therapy session.
- ...and your insurer rejects the claim does not reimburse anything. Better will appeal this for you. If your insurer says that your payment goes to your deductible or is not covered, and still does not reimburse you - Better does not charge anything.
***Currently all sliding scale spots are taken. Please contact me if you would like to be put on a waiting list.***
I offer a sliding scale to college students and graduate students. I understand that college and graduate school are very stressful times, and we cannot always afford the help and support we need. I want therapy to be affordable for you. Please inform me that you are a student during your free consultation and we can discuss this. There are limited spaces for student discounts, so you may be placed on a waiting list. If you receive a discount, please bring your student identification card to your first session.
Cancellation: 48 hour notice is required to cancel and reschedule an appointment. If the appointment is cancelled in less than 48 hours, the appointment will be forfeited without refund. Appointments that are cancelled in less than 48 hours may be rescheduled on the condition that the cancellation was due to an emergency. Appointments can be rescheduled within the 48 hour window to be done online or in person later that week, depending on availability.
Inclement Weather: In the case of inclement weather that occurs within the 48 hour notice period, we have the option to have our appointment via video or phone. The cancellation policy still applies, however with the flexibility to hold the appointment online. Either therapist or client reserves the right to request an online appointment in the case of inclement weather. The most important thing is that we remain as safe as possible!
Payment: I require you to keep an active card on file. I will not charge your card if you prefer to pay in cash, check, or another method. If you do not show up to the appointment, or you cancel late, I charge your card the full fee of the session.